NT Pancake
I have never had such a light, fluffy pancake ever. Here is how you make this:
.5 cup spelt flour + 1 cup whole heat pastry flour
Soak the flour with 1.5 cup of yogurt overnight. (Basically, equal amount of flour and yoghurt)
I put it in the fridge, I am not sure if I should do it. But, I did.
The next morning, add two eggs, 1 T vanilla extract, 1 T baking soda, 3 -5 T maple syrup. (I can't find any baking powder at home, so I left that out. I think I will add it back in next time)
Mix well.
In a hot cast iron pan, melt a little bit of butter or whatever oil you have. heat it up really well. Add a small amount of batter in there. It will spread out a lot. When you see some bubbles, you are now ready to flip it.
** Hints from me: Remember to control the fire well. I burnt two pancakes this am, and I have never in my life burn a pancake. I guess it's because of all the yoghurt. But hey, practice does make perfect and once I figured out how to control the heat, pancake turns out great.
I got from raspberries last night, I added some of them on the pancake and it's so so good. :D
Let me know when you tried it.

1 Comments:
Sounds yum... The only thing with yogurt is Lilly is sensitive to dairy. And I cannot stand goat yogurt!
BTW, I made a lemongrass, coconut milk salmon tonight. So, so yum....
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home