Saturday, June 03, 2006

Wheels



I am "dyeing" to own a wheel, with a very tight budget. What do you do? Wait IT OUT until bonus time (7/15) or I sell something at home, right? Amm.... Still trying. I was researching on wheels until 11:30 last night and guess what? I am up at 4:30 this AM thinking about them. I know what style I want. Saxony wheels. I love the looks of it. That eliminate a number of the wheels out there, that means the affordable S17 is out of the question.
I am down to two Saxony style wheels. The one to the left is prelude, it cost about $289 (unfinish). The lighter color one is the traveller and cost about $360 (unfinish). Big price difference, yes and no. I like the looks of the traveller better, but for $70?? I don't know.
And lastly, Ms Kiwi. $285, not my favorite Saxony style. I am interested because of it's double treadle and price of course.
Three of them, what should I do? I know... Test them out. How? I was able to find a lady here in SD that will teach a 1 on 1 for $30. So, I left a VM. However, I am not sure if she has those wheels. Also, she has a S17 for rent for $15/week. I might think about it. I want to make sure I truly like spinning wheels first. We will see.
Until then, I better finish up my sock, and start the other foot. Or, I should knit the tea set or the headband that I am supposed to be doing and giving by the end of June.... Not sure if I can make it. :)

2 Comments:

At 6:59 AM , Blogger Angela M said...

I think if you like the Ashford better and its only $70 difference. You really need to try it though. BTW, have you checked http://spinology.com/UsedEquipment/SpinningWheels/SpinningWheels.html
? Give them a call and see if they have a used one? Personally I don't like the Kromski, but a lot of people do. The Kiwi seems a little flimsy to me somehow. But its your wheel... :)

 
At 10:43 AM , Blogger Angela M said...

One more thing... you might want to think about portability in case "we" decide to go on a spinning conference. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home