Saturday, May 13, 2006

What can be a better gift??

I am a big city girl and have never truly had a hobby. I will pick up a paintbrush to paint here and there, but it's not what I truly enjoy.
From my sister, I found it! It's knitting and spinning. I truly enjoy the process or knitting and especially spinning. It's amazing how I can create yarns from rovings and then, knit it. I would love to send those knitted items as a gift to family. The gift will be truly from the heart.
I was telling myself one day. Aside from an organ donor, helping the needs or giving birth to a new life, what else can be a better gift? I know now. It's a HOBBY that someone can truly love, treasure and enjoy. I want to take this as a THANK YOU to my sister for giving this to me. From this hobby, I changed totally as a person. I am no longer the big city girl that will only watch TV after work and do nothing. I am now the girl that would love to own a farm and have my own farm animals (alpachas, sheeps, chickens, rabbits and an organic veggie/fruit patch) That sounds perfect for me right now. Everything is so simple now. I will knit at lunch when I am at work, and once I got home. DH and I will cook together, and after dinner, I will be spinning and he can concentrate on his studies. This is so nice and calming.
Thank you for giving this special gift to me. THANK YOU.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home